1. First you check-in. This includes signing a Liability Release Waiver, renting a golf cart and choosing which course or shooting game you want to take part in. You can also purchase shells/ammo and rent shotguns from us.
Upon check-in you will receive a pass-card allowing you access to our wireless target system used to control the target machines (traps). You will also receive a scorecard.
2. Once on the course of choice you will start on station one which will be clearly marked with colored numbering. You will continue the course in numeric order until each shooting station has been shot. Our course manager will also be available to assist with getting you started.
4. Each station will have a shot menu. This menu provides you with the number of rounds required for that station and will also instruct you on the shot type. The shot type can either be a Report Pair or a True Pair:
Report Pair – Upon the verbal command of ‘pull’ called by the shooter, the first clay is launched by pressing the designated button for trap 1. Once the shooter pulls the trigger and the shot is heard, the second target is then launched simultaneously by pressing the designated button for trap 2.
True Pair – Both clays are released simultaneously by pressing one designated button.
If shooting in a group participants can take turns operating the controller that launches the targets. Or, if shooting individually a timer can be set on the controller allowing for a delayed launch.
5. Keeping track of the shooters hit and misses is an important part of the process. Using a score card provided at check-in, shooters record their hits and misses at every station. Not only does this document the highest score and define the winner, it also assist the shooter with tracking scores from previous or future visits providing a way to gauge performance.
A Hit or Dead Bird – refers to a clay that at a minimum has a chip break off or is preferably smashed.
A Miss or Lost Bird – refers to a clay that is not broken, or at a minimum chipped.
6. After shooting all designated stations the shooter with the most recorded hits or dead birds wins.
7. Return your golf cart to the same area it was picked up. Grab a bite to eat and a cold beverage while enjoying the beautiful views on our expansive decks and in the company of friends.